This is gonna be hard because how can things about me be weird. Normal is really subjective and how can something you do be weird?
Well, here goes:
- I don’t like some of my food mixing. I mean, you make curry chicken (or something) and rice and dhaal, I don’t really want the curry sauce on my rice and dhaal. You make macaroni pie and stew chicken, no! I do not want chicken gravy on my macaroni pie. I may mix it while eating but I don’t want it settling, congealing… I’ve noticed that I’ve eased up on this a bit but it bugs me. It bugs me that you’ll go to functions or Iftars (fast breakings) or stuff like that and when they hand out the basic plate they might dump the meat on other things. I can deal with stewed beans on my macaroni pie and such. Maybe it’s some meat and non-meat mixing thing. I don’t like meat in my soup…not really.
- I don’t eat fish cooked at home. Unless it’s frying fish. The smell of baking fish (like we used to do once upon a time…waaaaay long ago, this huge fish baking in the over for soooo long). I used to eat fry-dry but we don’t really get real fry-dry anymore. I ate a “bbq”-ed salmon mom and I made from a Cooking Light recipe. It was soo good but I had to work hard to overcome some inner inhibitions and eat it…and even eat it a second time. Mom keeps trying to feed me fish because “I eat it outside” but I can’t eat it.
- I hate beef. It grosses me out. I can eat it minced tho…sometimes (burgers, beef pies). (And it’s cruel to call a little girl Hindu, meaning it as a derogative (idiots! on cruelty and choice of “insult”) for not eating beef, even if it’s kurbani! Some of these freaks even decided to call me this because their stew or curry chicken wasn’t very good (I was young and when I went functions most people’s curry and stew chicken didn’t taste as good as mom’s and was very oily so I solved the problem by going vegetarian and just eating channa and aloo and roti or rice and dhaal … you get it…vegetarian)). Okay, you’re probably wondering what meats I do eat…chicken, lamb, shrimp and some fish.
- I am very picky. I may like something but may just not be in the mood to eat it. I don’t want to hear that I must try something before I decide, or that I always ate it as a child. (I don’t eat bhaji! But I do eat spinach, especially with feta).
- I’m scared of macaroni pie. Ever since I got sick in September 2004, I get scared that if I eat it, I’ll get sick again. But, I love it. Cheesy and mustardy with no meat!
- I do not drink fruit punch. I hate fruit punch. It is despicable. Why mix all those flavours? What are you accomplishing? Slush? No taste garbage? Drink Kool-Aid if you want that. Oh yeah, you flavour it with Kool-Aid. What’s the point. If you’re going to mask the taste of all those juices with Kool-Aid then just make Kool-Aid. I drink orange juice, lime juice, lemonade and pineapple juice. But, please don’t mix them. Just because I like them individually doesn’t mean I will be like oh! orange pineapple juice? How wonderful! My favourite juices mixed together. *gag*
I might let orange-tangerine pass. I can stomach that.