This is how our evening started.
Mom: Lilandra, what you doing? Come downstairs with me, nah. I going to make hops.
Me: Okay then well I will come make the crust (for my lemon meringue pie).
Mom: (as she’s going down the corridor) and print out TriniGourmet’s recipe. You just have to copy and paste the recipe into TextEdit and print it.
So, I did.
Anywayz, mom and dad’s coolpix was downstairs (I brought it down so she could take pictures of her orchids but…is she willing??? NOOOO!!!). And I was tired. So I took pictures with it. I told her she could post them as hers but she told me to blog them.
But she only used it as a guide…or…to see how different hops go. This is mom’s recipe:
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 8 cups white flour
- 2.5 cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- Dissolve sugar in warm water.
- Dissolve yeast in sugar and water; mom let it stay a minute or so after dissolving.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to the liquid.
- Stir and knead until it was smooth and elastic (5 minutes or so).
- Pour some water over the dough and cover it and let it rise until it doubles in size (20 minutes).
- Punch down dough and knead again and cover and let it rise until it doubles in size again.
- Grease tray with shortening.
- Punch down dough and pinch and shape into balls (mom made 15) and place on the tray.
- Let it rise until it fills the tray (or gets to a suitable size).
- Preheat oven (say 375F – 400F)
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until nice and medium brown.
The rest of the set is here.
But, look at the nice inside texture!